FIND FREEDOM FROM PAIN
Hanna Somatic Education (HSE) can help you alleviate chronic muscle tension, often the underlying cause of your aches and pains. Releasing muscle tension through gentle movement provides you with:
Long-term pain relief.
Lifelong skills to release tight muscles.
Increased flexibility, mobility, coordination, & balance.
Improved muscle function and control.
Increased energy levels.
A safe and easy alternative to drugs and surgery.
Alyx has taught me to become aware of muscle tension building in my body. She has given me the tools and movements to address issues prior to experiencing unnecessary pain.
I am so happy,
I fixed myself.
"The goal of our time together
is to empower you to become your own practitioner."
& gentle approach
to lasting pain relief
scientifically based in neurophysiology.
WHAT IS HANNA SOMATIC EDUCATION?
It's simple. It's about your BRAIN + BODY.
It is MOVEMENT EDUCATION, a process of learning through slow, intentional movement. It is not stretching, exercising, strength training, or manipulation.
It is active, not passive like other forms of therapy. You are an active participant, because you are intentionally moving your body.
Being an active participant in this process allows you to learn and experience how your brain + body communicate through movement. Somatic movements are slow, gentle and pain-free, allowing you to develop greater brain + body AWARENESS and RELEASE chronically held muscle tension.
The result of this movement learning process is improved communication between your brain + body, leading to relaxed muscles and improved muscle function, giving you long-term pain relief and more comfortable movement.
RESULTS OF MOVEMENT EDUCATION:
1. Understand how & why pain develops in your body.
2. Awareness. Develop greater body awareness, giving you the ability to recognize postures and movement patterns contributing to your pain.
3. Choice. Awareness gives you choice. It provides you with options: remain in the posture/pattern and continue to endure muscle tension and pain OR make a small adjustment to alleviate tension and prevent pain in the present moment.
4. Learning. You are taught gentle movements to address your muscle tension for yourself.
5. Empowerment. Having the tools to address your pain for yourself empowers you to stop relying on others or pharmaceutical drugs for pain relief and take control of the way you feel in your body immediately.
WHICH CONDITIONS CAN IT HELP?
Hanna Somatic Education helps with common muscular pain conditions such as back pain, hip pain, knee and foot pain, shoulder and neck stiffness.
HSE is beneficial for those suffering from:
“Somatic Exercises can change how we live our lives, how we believe that our minds and bodies interrelate, how powerful we think we are in controlling our lives, and how responsible we should be in taking care of our total being.”'
stiff or painful joints
balance and coordination issues
neck & shoulder pain
hip and knee pain
accident trauma or whiplash
repetitive stress injuries